0
ABUJA—THE senator-elect for Delta Central senatorial district, Chief Ighoyota Amori, has described the former governor of Delta State, Chief James Ibori, as his idol and a man with a lot of political intellect.


Chief Amori, in an interview during the induction course for the newly elected National Assembly members in Abuja, explained that despite the age difference between them, the former governor encouraged him to become the governor of the state.

Fielding questions on the allegation in some quarters that he is a stooge of the former Governor Ibori, Amori denied the allegation, adding that he worked together with the then governor and that the legacies they left behind were still there for people to see.

He said: “First, you know that I am senior to James Ibori. I was in politics before him. Of course you know the role I played in his becoming the governor. I have been in politics since 1987. I have served in different capacities, I have been a councillor, I formed political parties long before James Ibori came into the political scene.

“I am senior to him. We are brothers, we are from the same place. How can a person who is more politically alive before James Ibori came, become a stooge of my younger brother? The age difference between me and Ibori is so significant that I cannot be his stooge.

“James Ibori is my idol. I worship him in the sense that he is a man with a lot of political intellect. We worked together and our glorious days in Delta State are known to everybody. So, you don’t need to be a stooge of James Ibori, you just need to complement his efforts.

“Although politics is not by age but what I am telling you is that I have been there before he came.” 

Post a Comment

 
Top